The first fort to be erected in Port Royal was Fort Charles. It was built in the late 1650-60 and was originally called Fort Cromwell but was renamed Fort Charles. The fort underwent several changes between 1656-1670. In 1667, the fort had 36 guns and by 1765 it had 104 guns and a garrison with 500 men.
*Transportation is available at a cost
Everyday 9:00 am – 4:45 pm
Port Royal, Kingston